Technical and Operations Coordinator
Reports to Director, DiMenna Center for Classical Music
The Technical and Operations Manager for the DiMenna Center handles the day-to-day needs of renters and maintains the facilities and equipment at the DiMenna Center for Classical Music at the highest level. The Operations Manager is instrumental in ensuring that the Center provides a professional, efficient, and welcoming rehearsal, recording, and performance space for the classical music community both in NYC and internationally. The Tech and Ops Manager supervises sound and A/V needs for the center for performance and rehearsal, as well as the maintenance of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
DMC Performances and Rehearsals: Liase with Scheduling Manager to ensure all spaces are prepped for renters needs that day and evening (chairs, stands, setup when requested, and recording equipment). Ensure all equipment is returned at close of each rehearsal. Be the direct point person for renters as they enter and exit spaces as well as during their booking. Prep for evening events and performances and hand off to DMC Part Time Staff. Serve as A/V supervisor for performances.
DMC Equipment: Ensure that equipment requested for DMC rentals are in the rooms as needed and that all equipment is returned to its proper locations at the end of rentals. Handle load in and load out of equipment deliveries to ensure no damage to the spaces, lobby areas, or elevators. Assist in coordinating building schedule of the load in/out of equipment. Catalog all equipment available to renters, track and organize storage of all gear.
Building Management: Operations Manager coordinates necessary deliveries, repairs and daily maintenance of building. Liaise with Chief Engineer/Building Manager and custodial staff on safety, cleanliness and comfort issues. Liaise with external vendors for all work (lighting, sound equipment, painting etc.) to maintain a professional and pristine working environment. Develop and execute a maintenance plan for building (monthly, semi-annual, and annual repair work).
Knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary. Knowledge of ArtsVision a plus but not required. Prior experience in Operations and basic technical knowledge of sound and lighting equipment. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Experience in Production and/or venue management in the music field with experience in classical music.
- Solid Audio/Visual background for maintaining sound systems and running sound for performances.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, prioritize and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines. Strong organizational and time-management skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior knowledge of ArtsVision database helpful.
- Busy open-office environment in addition to a flexible rehearsal/recording space which operates seven days a week, approximately 325 days a year.
- Able to alternate between hours at a desk and on-the-ground production work with moderate physical exertion.
Please send cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment by email to jglover@OSLmusic.org, subject line “Technical and Operations Coordinator_[Your Last Name].” No phone calls please.