Reports to Vice President of Development
Orchestra of St. Luke’s (OSL) seeks a Development Manager of Institutional Giving who is a highly skilled writer and fundraising professional. Reporting to the Vice-President of Development, the Manager of Institutional Giving is responsible for managing institutional donor relationships with foundations, corporations and government agencies. The Manager of Institutional Giving will be responsible for maintaining the proposal/reporting calendar, writing annual and campaign proposals and reports to institutional funders, researching new funding prospects, preparing proposal and report budgets, tracking and reporting internally on progress toward institutional funding goals, and participating in institutional donor stewardship and other tasks within the development department.
- Maintain and adhere to a robust calendar of proposals and reports, meeting all deadlines.
- Act as primary grant writer: Create all proposals, report and program description templates; prepare and update budgets and supplementary materials
- Act as liaison for Artistic Programming and Education departments, promoting collaboration and open communication to ensure optimal execution of donor-funded programs, and to strategize new funding opportunities for new/existing programs.
- Coordinate site visits for prospects and existing funders.
- Actively identify and research new foundation and government funding opportunities to increase annual renewable revenue.
- Attend and support overall development department activities, including special events and evening and weekend performances.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward selected funders.
- 3+ years of related experience in grant writing and institutional giving fundraising
- Proven grant writing expertise with superior editing skills
- Knowledge of the performing arts philanthropic community; background in classical music preferred
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar software
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a broad range of people and personalities
- Ability to uphold department and organization standards while fulfilling requests in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple writing projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email your resume to Development@oslmusic.org with Manager of Institutional Giving – [your last name] in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include a letter that addresses the following:
- Salary requirements (applications without this information will not be considered)
- Why working at OSL in this position appeals to you
- How your previous experience makes you the best candidate for this job
No phone calls please.