AMATEUR MUSICIANS PROJECT (AMP)
Chamber Music Coaching
The AMP Chamber Music Coaching program is an opportunity for adult non-professional musicians to play as an ensemble under the guidance of an assigned OSL coach. Participants immerse themselves in chamber music repertoire over a period of 12 weeks, and all ensembles perform in a culminating concert at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music.
When does the next AMP session begin?
Registration has ended for the current AMP session. Please stay tuned for information about 2015 AMP!
What is included?
- Eight hours of ensemble coaching with an OSL musician, arranged to fit your schedule
- Placement in an ensemble with musicians matching your skill level, or coaching with your existing ensemble
- Repertoire chosen to meet the needs and interests of the ensemble
- Four hours of rehearsals at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Final performance at The DiMenna Center, featuring all AMP ensembles
Can I arrange for private lessons with an OSL musician?
Private lessons are not included in the AMP program, though they may be arranged separately with OSL coaches.
Can my ensemble arrange additional rehearsal time at The DiMenna Center?
What if my ensemble needs additional rehearsal time with our coach?
Ensembles that need more than eight hours to prepare for the concert with a coach will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
When is the final performance and how long will it run?
The AMP Showcase Concert for the current session will take place on January 20, 2015 at 7:30 PM and will run approximately 90 minutes. Each ensemble is given a maximum time limit and may choose to perform one or more pieces in their allotted time.