AMATEUR MUSICIANS PROJECT (AMP)
Chamber Music Coaching
Learn chamber music from Orchestra of St. Luke's Grammy Award-winning musicians!
Register for the AMP Chamber Music Coaching program, an opportunity for adult non-professional musicians to play as an ensemble under the guidance of an assigned OSL coach. Participants immerse themselves in chamber music repertoire over a period of 10 weeks, and all ensembles perform in a showcase concert at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music. Vocalists and instrumentalists of all levels are encouraged to participate.
When does the next AMP session begin?
The 2016 AMP session begins in March and culminates in a showcase concert on June 13, 2016.
What is the fee?
The cost of the AMP program is $500 per musician. A payment plan is available and a discount* is offered to pre-formed ensembles.
- Eight hours of ensemble coaching with an OSL musician, arranged to fit your schedule
- Placement in an ensemble with musicians matching your skill level, or coaching with your existing ensemble
- Repertoire chosen to meet the needs and interests of the ensemble
- Four hours of rehearsals at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Final performance at The DiMenna Center, featuring all AMP ensembles
- Complimentary tickets to Orchestra of St. Luke's events during the program period, subject to availability
- Access to Theory in a Box, an online music theory course developed by the Bloomingdale School of Music
Can my ensemble arrange additional rehearsal time at The DiMenna Center?
Who are the AMP coaches?
- Eriko Sato, violin
- Louise Schulman, viola
- Maureen Gallagher, viola
- Daire Fitzgerald, cello
- Lindy Clarke, cello
- Elizabeth Mann, flute
- Carl Albach, trumpet
- Robert Wolinskly, harpsichord
*How do I recieve a discount for a pre-formed ensemble?
If you have a group of four or more musicians that would like to play together as an AMP ensemble, each member of the pre-formed ensemble is eligible for a discount. Each member should register individually and list the names of their group members on the form.
- For pre-formed groups of four or more, enter the code AMP4 at checkout for $25 off your individual registration
For pre-formed groups of five or more, enter the code AMP5 at checkout for $50 off your individual registration
Registration deadline: February 19, 2016